- BP Vice President Niall Anderson visits Baku Higher Oil School
- McGraw-Hill Education conducts workshop at Baku Higher Oil School
- EBSCO Information Service conducts training at BHOS
- UN Program Director visited Baku Higher Oil School
- Representatives of NArFU University visited BHOS
- Swiss company Endress+Hauser at Baku Higher Oil School
- Representative of STRATEX company at BHOS
- BP Vise President conducted Master class at Baku Higher Oil School
- Gianni Bardazzi conducted Master Class at Baku Higher Oil School
- Crown Prince of Perils is honorable guest of Baku Higher Oil School
Young participants of the project entitled “Learning hand in hand” visited Baku Higher Oil School. It is implemented by The Azerbaijan-UK Alumni Association (AUKAA) in cooperation with the Ministry of Education with organization support from British Council’s Country office and financial support from BP Azerbaijan company. The project started in December 2018 and will continue through March 2019.
At the first stage, a selection contest was held among schoolchildren of 8-10 grades in 11 districts of Azerbaijan. Those schoolchildren who achieved the best results were then invited to attend a winter camp in Baku. During five days, they participated in the meetings with experts in various fields and visited national universities and state organizations.
At the Baku Higher Oil School, the schoolchildren were given a tour around the campus, acquainted with the conditions created here for the students, and shown the training laboratories, the library, sports complex and other facilities. The Head of the Public Relations Department Khayala Fatullayeva made a presentation and spoke about the BHOS main activities and achievements, its alumni and the student life. Then BP-Azerbaijan Project Engineer Nijat Mikayilov told about main principles of project management and implementation.
The Azerbaijan-UK Alumni Association brings together Azerbaijani professionals who have studied in the UK on a range of programs and schemes. The AUKAA serves as a platform for its members to put forward and realize their ideas, and encourages member-driven initiatives. With members educated in wide range of academic disciplines, the alumni association holds the tremendous potential to catalyze the development of Azerbaijan.