- Baku Higher Oil School holds discussions on 'Natural resources of Karabakh'
- BHOS Presidential Scholar: 'For me, Kelbajar is Azerbaijan, the Motherland revived in memories'
- Baku Higher Oil School to host webinar on 'Natural Resources of Karabakh'
- Rector meets with employee who participated in Patriotic War
- Baku Higher Oil School hosts interuniversity championship of International Competition Petrobowl
- Baku Higher Oil School donates to "YASHAT" Fund
- The winner of the online chess tournament organized by Baku Higher Oil School has been announced
- Two BHOS students awarded scholarship named after academician Khoshbakht Yusifzade
- Baku Higher Oil School hosts poetry evening dedicated Ramiz Rovshan
Ambassador of India to Azerbaijan Sanjay Rana visited Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) and delivered a presentation entitled “Dr. B. R. Ambedkar: Chief Architect of Indian Constitution and his role in civil rights for weaker sections and emancipation of women” to BHOS students, teachers and staff members.
Having welcomed the honorable guest, Rector of the Higher School Elmar Gasimov provided brief information about the Ambassador and his diplomatic career. He also expressed a hope that the presentation would help the students to learn more about rich history and unique culture of India, which is one of the biggest and most wonderful countries in the world.
Speaking at the gathering, the Indian Ambassador spoke about the life and works of Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar, whose 126th birth anniversary is celebrated in April 2017. Dr. B R Ambedkar was an Indian jurist, economist, politician and social reformer. Born into a poor family, he managed to overcome caste-based discrimination to become Independent India's first law minister and the principal architect of the Constitution of India. He is remembered as one of most prominent public figures in the India’s modern history for his struggle against social and gender discrimination and significant contribution to development of India as a democratic state.
Ambassador Rana also shared information about close and friendly relations between India and Azerbaijan. He said that the two countries are committed to develop a strong, vibrant and mutually beneficial partnership with each other. He also mentioned that under the Indian Technical Economic Cooperation (ITEC), the Government of India provides fully funded training courses for government officials and professionals scholarship at top-class institutions in India. The presentation concluded with questions and answers session. Ambassador Rana expressed his gratitude for the invitation to visit BHOS once again.