- Baku Higher Oil School honors memory of victims of Khojaly genocide
- Baku Higher Oil School, Stockholm University to start training cybersecurity specialists
- Baku Higher Oil School launches Orientation Program for first-year students
- Baku Higher Oil School's online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good' has ended
- President's Assistant visits Baku Higher Oil School
- Baku Higher Oil School to host online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good'
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds meeting with heads of student organizations
- Two Presidential Scholars of Baku Higher Oil School are classmates
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds online meeting with Presidential Scholars
- Project of Baku Higher Oil School becomes winner of 'Science-Education-Industry' grant competition
Ambassador of India to Azerbaijan Sanjay Rana visited Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) and delivered a presentation entitled “Dr. B. R. Ambedkar: Chief Architect of Indian Constitution and his role in civil rights for weaker sections and emancipation of women” to BHOS students, teachers and staff members.
Having welcomed the honorable guest, Rector of the Higher School Elmar Gasimov provided brief information about the Ambassador and his diplomatic career. He also expressed a hope that the presentation would help the students to learn more about rich history and unique culture of India, which is one of the biggest and most wonderful countries in the world.
Speaking at the gathering, the Indian Ambassador spoke about the life and works of Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar, whose 126th birth anniversary is celebrated in April 2017. Dr. B R Ambedkar was an Indian jurist, economist, politician and social reformer. Born into a poor family, he managed to overcome caste-based discrimination to become Independent India's first law minister and the principal architect of the Constitution of India. He is remembered as one of most prominent public figures in the India’s modern history for his struggle against social and gender discrimination and significant contribution to development of India as a democratic state.
Ambassador Rana also shared information about close and friendly relations between India and Azerbaijan. He said that the two countries are committed to develop a strong, vibrant and mutually beneficial partnership with each other. He also mentioned that under the Indian Technical Economic Cooperation (ITEC), the Government of India provides fully funded training courses for government officials and professionals scholarship at top-class institutions in India. The presentation concluded with questions and answers session. Ambassador Rana expressed his gratitude for the invitation to visit BHOS once again.