- Baku Higher Oil School once again becomes leader in passing grade ranking among universities in Azerbaijan
- 46-year-old enters Baku Higher Oil School
- Elmar Gasimov held a meeting with students who entered BHOS to study under the MBA programme
- Senior teacher of Baku Higher Oil School awarded Certificate of Honor from SOCAR
- Students of Baku Higher Oil School become winners of SOCAR AQŞ's Student Scholarship competition
- Twins brothers from Kurdamir choose Baku Higher Oil School
- The number of foreign students entering Baku Higher Oil School has increased
- Seven graduates of Baku Higher Oil School get employed by Heydar Aliyev Oil Refinery
- Elmar Gasimov met with applicants who scored the highest points in the entrance exams for the first group of specialties
Students of Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) took part in a training on safety rules and procedures for the personnel working at stationary marine platforms and floating drilling installations. Some 128 first-year Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Process Automation Engineering students joined the training held at Human Life Offshore Protection Training Center under SOCAR’s Education, Training and Certification Department.
The training conducted from January 11 to 19, 2017, was aimed at the students’ briefing and basic training on safety for stationary offshore platforms and floating drilling installations. In the course of theoretical lectures of the course, the students learned about occupational health and safety rules during sea operations and acquired specific skills, which they demonstrated during the practical lessons. The students were also acquainted with fire protection procedures and usage of fire-extinguishing equipment. In addition, they attended swimming lessons.
The training is organized in accordance with an agreement concluded between BHOS and SOCAR’s Education, Training and Certification Center, and in line with standards and requirements of international conventions signed by Azerbaijan.