- Students of Baku Higher Oil School have won an international innovation competition in Malaysia
- Baku Higher Oil School starts cooperating with Tallinn University of Technology
- BHOS students win Hackathon competition in Spain
- Council of Higher Education of Turkey recognizes Baku Higher Oil School
- Baku Higher Oil School launches next 'Business Education for Engineers' training program
- Baku Higher Oil School hosts ceremony of awarding certificates to participants of School of Project Management
- Baku Higher Oil School marks Youth Day
- Baku Higher Oil School to admit students for the D.Phil. degree programme
Winners of "Young Researcher of the Year" competition were announced at the Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS). The most interesting research papers of three students selected from the initial stage were presented to the final stage of the competition.
Fourth year student of "Chemical Engineering" department Sanam Amirli's "Cleaning of nitrates from water and wastewater by means of seolithic ion exchangers" (academic adviser assistant professor Amir Reza Vakhshuri), fourth year student of the same department Vusal Guliyev’s "Sun trees, their application and usage” (academic adviser PhD.Sanan Eminov) and 5th year student of the "Process Automation Engineering" department Ramil Shukurov's "Application of Adaptive Filters to Improve the Quality of Management" (academic adviser Associate Professor Naila Allahverdieva) research papers were the subjects of discussion and evaluation at the final stage of the competition.
The members of the commission of the competition listened to the lectures of the students and the commission named Ramil Shukurov as a "young researcher of the year". The winner was awarded with a diploma and special prize from the company Emerson Process Management. Two other students were presented gifts from Scheider Electric.
All three students of the Higher School are expected to provide opportunities for submitting their research papers to other scientific forums.
The contest "Young Researcher of the Year" has been held at BHOS since 2016. Students submit their research papers on which they work during the past year and a half.