- Baku Higher Oil School honors memory of victims of Khojaly genocide
- Baku Higher Oil School, Stockholm University to start training cybersecurity specialists
- Baku Higher Oil School launches Orientation Program for first-year students
- Baku Higher Oil School's online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good' has ended
- President's Assistant visits Baku Higher Oil School
- Baku Higher Oil School to host online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good'
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds meeting with heads of student organizations
- Two Presidential Scholars of Baku Higher Oil School are classmates
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds online meeting with Presidential Scholars
- Project of Baku Higher Oil School becomes winner of 'Science-Education-Industry' grant competition
Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) arranged a special event to celebrate Novruz holiday. It gathered BHOS rector Elmar Gasimov, teachers, other staff members and students of the Higher School.
Opening the gathering, Elmar Gasimov expressed his cordial congratulations to all participants and wished them and their families health, prosperity, every success and happy Novruz. As he emphasized, Novruz bayram is one of the most favorite national holidays in Azerbaijan. It is one of the most ancient traditions of our people, which occupies a special place in the culture and history of the Azerbaijani people, said the rector. In his words, Novruz is the best way to keep and pass the history, traditions and national values to next generations.
The celebration continued with appearance of Bahar giz (Spring girl), Kesa and Kechal who were warmly welcomed by the audience. A performance by these key characters of Novruz, which helped to create a festive atmosphere, was followed by a holiday concert program prepared by the BHOS students. They performed songs, dances and other musical acts dedicated to Novruz.
In the conclusion of the celebration, an ancient folk dance Yalli (Halay) was performed around the Novruz bonfire built in the yard of the BHOS campus.