- BHOS launches next 'Business Education for Engineers' course
- Baku Higher Oil School honors memory of victims of Khojaly genocide
- Baku Higher Oil School, Stockholm University to start training cybersecurity specialists
- Baku Higher Oil School launches Orientation Program for first-year students
- Baku Higher Oil School's online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good' has ended
- President's Assistant visits Baku Higher Oil School
- Baku Higher Oil School to host online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good'
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds meeting with heads of student organizations
- Two Presidential Scholars of Baku Higher Oil School are classmates
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds online meeting with Presidential Scholars
Representatives of SOCAR’s Integrated Drilling Trust visited Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) and met with students of the Higher School. The meeting gathered BHOS rector Elmar Gasimov, Head of the Drilling department of the Trust Ali Isayev, Head of External Relations department Orkhan Gurbanzada, drilling engineer Orkhan Salmanov and other representatives of the company as well as second, third and fourth-year Petroleum Engineering students of the Higher School.
Opening the meeting, BHOS rector Elmar Gasimov said that drilling engineers make a valuable contribution towards development of the oil and gas sector. He extended his gratitude to the management of the Integrated Drilling Trust for providing internship and job opportunities to the Higher School’s students. In his words, BHOS undergraduates and graduates are highly qualified English-speaking engineers who are able to accomplish the most difficult technical tasks.
Speaking at the gathering, Head of the Drilling department of the company Ali Isayev provided information about the company, its structure and working conditions. He told about on-the-job training and employment opportunities offered by the Integrated Drilling Trust to students and emphasized that SOCAR is ready to recruit young talented Azerbaijani specialists.
The drilling engineer Orkhan Salmanov made a presentation covering the main objectives and fields of activities of the Trust. As he informed, the company conducts works at 318 offshore and 483 onshore drill wells. Orkhan Salmanov said that the company is ready to invite up to 30 BHOS students to do the internship at Trust’s facilities and offer employment to the Higher School graduates.
The meeting concluded with questions and answers session.
The Integrated Drilling Trust does exploration and production drilling at SOCAR's approximately 25 onshore and offshore fields. It applies new equipment and technologies in accordance with international standards, prevents environmental damage, provides completely safe working conditions that protect its employee's health and fully complies with industrial and administrative regulations.