- BHOS launches next 'Business Education for Engineers' course
- Baku Higher Oil School honors memory of victims of Khojaly genocide
- Baku Higher Oil School, Stockholm University to start training cybersecurity specialists
- Baku Higher Oil School launches Orientation Program for first-year students
- Baku Higher Oil School's online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good' has ended
- President's Assistant visits Baku Higher Oil School
- Baku Higher Oil School to host online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good'
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds meeting with heads of student organizations
- Two Presidential Scholars of Baku Higher Oil School are classmates
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds online meeting with Presidential Scholars
World Day for Safety and Health at Work (SafeDay), which is annually celebrated worldwide, was commemorated at Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS). It is marked by International Labor Organization on April 28 to promote the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases globally and focus international attention on the magnitude of the problem. The meeting at the Higher School dedicated to the SafeDay gathered Vice-Rector for Training and Science Ramiz Humbatov, Vice-rector for General Affairs Rashad Gasanov, Vice-Rector for Administrative and General Service Affairs Dr. Oktay Rzayev, Dean of Engineering department Zafar Gurbamov, BHOS teachers and other staff members.
Opening the meeting, the Vice-Rector for Training and Science, professor Ramiz Humbatov provided brief information about the importance of following health and safety requirements and labor protection at every organization. Then BHOS Labor Protection and Security Techniques Engineer Khanim Aghasiyeva made a report. She informed that this year, the SafeDay aims at eliminating child labor and promoting a culture of prevention on occupational safety health (OSH)and that the theme for the 2018 World Day for Safety and Health at Work is: “OSH vulnerability of young workers”. In her words, many factors can increase youth vulnerability to OSH risks, such as lack of work experience and training, and limited awareness of work-related hazards. Thus, the 2018 SafeDay campaign highlights the critical importance of addressing these challenges, said Khanim Aghasiyeva. She emphasized that the state policy conducted in Azerbaijan in the field of labor protection and legislation applied in the republic aim to ensure implementation of safety rules and procedures in every organization. She also told about measures taken by the BHOS management to make sure that the safety rules are observed at all premises of the Higher School and that the staff members follow the safety policy and procedures, and to improve the working conditions at BHOS.
In conclusion, the meeting participants discussed the report and exchanged opinions about the issues raised by the speaker.