- Students and graduates of Baku Higher Oil School shown high results in entrance exams for master's degree programs
- BHOS launches next 'Business Education for Engineers' course
- Baku Higher Oil School honors memory of victims of Khojaly genocide
- Baku Higher Oil School, Stockholm University to start training cybersecurity specialists
- Baku Higher Oil School launches Orientation Program for first-year students
- Baku Higher Oil School's online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good' has ended
- President's Assistant visits Baku Higher Oil School
- Baku Higher Oil School to host online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good'
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds meeting with heads of student organizations
Representatives of SOCAR-KBR LLC (SKLLC) visited Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) and met with the Higher School undergraduates. The meeting gathered BHOS rector Elmar Gasimov, SKLLC Deputy General Manager Nazim Gasimov, Operations Manager David Clothing, the company HR Manager Saida Gurbanova, and fifth-year students and staff members of the Higher School.
Opening the meeting, Elmar Gasimov extended his sincere gratitude to the SKLLC management for cooperation and their interest in working with BHOS students, which the rector highly praised. He also expressed satisfaction with bilateral cooperation established between the Higher School and SOCAR-KBR. In the rector’s words, the negotiations on prospects of strengthening the partnership relations, which are currently underway, shall give new impetus to further development of this cooperation.
Deputy General Manager of SOCAR-KBR Nazim Gasimov provided brief information about the company and the opportunities it offers to new employees. SKLLC Operations Manager David Clothing told about the company activities since 2015, when the Joint Venture was established, its goals, operations, and implemented and planned projects. He also said that SOCAR-KBR is going to arrange specialized training courses on various subjects for the BHOS students.
HR Manager Saida Gurbanova spoke about SOCAR-KBR HR policy, employment procedures and recruitment process. She emphasized that the applicants willing to work at the company should submit a professional CV and a good cover letter and carefully prepare for Assessment test and job interview.
Then the guests answered questions from the students who were interested in employment opportunities, working conditions and prospects of career growth and professional development in SOCAR-KBR.
SKLLC is a joint venture that partners KBR's experience in the Azerbaijan–Georgia–Turkey region and its proven tools, systems and procedures with SOCAR's operational knowledge and experience in the oil and gas sector. SOCAR-KBR LLC provides design, engineering, technical, consultancy, procurement, construction supervision and project management services for all brownfield and greenfield projects across the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas sectors in the region.