- Graduate of Baku Higher Oil School marries Pakistani student from same university
- Baku Higher Oil School hosts opening ceremony of 2nd International Student Research and Science Conferences
- 20 Nigerian students to study at Baku Higher Oil School from next academic year
- Baku Higher Oil School represented at International Educational Exhibition
- Global problems of eco-energy discussed at Baku Higher Oil School
- Baku Higher Oil School to host 2nd International Student Research and Science Conferences
- В Бакинской высшей школе нефти состоялся выпуск очередного курса «Бизнес-образование для инженеров»
Rector of Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) Elmar Gasimov participated in the founding congress of the Worldwide Energy University Network (WEUN), which took place in Beijing. The event was attended by leaders of 28 energy universities from 16 countries. The main goal of WEUN is to promote cooperation between the energy universities worldwide and universities of China including China University of Petroleum (Beijing) under the global energy development trend. It also aims to promote the cooperation between Chinese and international energy universities and enhance their competitiveness in the international energy sector.
The main fields of the cooperation include, among others, Chinese and foreign cooperation in running schools and training of students; joint scientific research; establishment of international joint laboratories and scholarly academic exchange; international summer schools, faculty exchange visits and students’ short-term exchange; academic conferences, seminars, web conferences and lectures; and non-official diploma educational projects.
The Baku Higher Oil School became a full member of WEUN after the Rector Elmar Gasimov signed the Declaration of the Worldwide Energy University Network. At the congress, the President of the China University of Petroleum (Beijing) Zhang Laibin was elected the WEUN Chairman by majority vote.
Speaking at the ceremony, Elmar Gasimov told about BHOS activities, achievements and latest developments. He said that it has well-developed infrastructure and modern teaching laboratories and uses advanced technologies and contemporary curriculum to provide best quality education. The rector expressed his confidence that BHOS, the leading higher educational institution of Azerbaijan, would significant contribute to the success of WEUN activities.