- Huseyn Abdullayev, who scored the maximum number of points at the final exams: 'My biggest dream is to enter Baku Higher Oil School'
- Graduate of Baku Higher Oil School enters PhD programmes of three prestigious US universities
- Winners of I International Scientific Conferences of Students and Young Researchers announced
- Vice Rector of Baku Higher Oil School Rashad Hasanov has been appointed to a higher position
- Elmar Gasimov: 'Students should demand quality education from teachers, not concessions'
- Students of Baku Higher Oil School show excellent results at IELTS exam
- Elmar Gasimov holds online meeting with representatives of Petkim Petrochemical Holding
- I International Scientific Conferences of Students and Young Researchers complete their work
Training sessions on leadership for students aimed at development of their business management skills are regularly organized at Baku Higher Oil School. One of the most recent sessions was held by Deputy Minister of Labor and Social Protection of Population of Azerbaijan Matin Karimli for the BHOS fifth-year and Master’s students. Matin Karimli is a senior civil servant with educational background and working experience in project management, international relations, policy analysis and public relations, and a graduate of the Harvard Kennedy School’s Master in Public Administration degree program.
The workshop objective was to hone participants’ communication skills to help them become more effective and capable leaders. Matin Karimli made a presentation covering four-point working model including leadership practices, leadership theory, behaviors related to identity, and 21st century skills. The interactive session was designed to enhance the students’ understanding of, and practical experience in, negotiations, collaboration, team building, representation of the group, and modelling the way for others.
The training concluded with question and answer session. At the end, the students participated in a self-assessment test. Upon completion of the training, all of them received certificates of participation.