- Rector Elmar Gasimov's congratulation on the end of the academic year
- Winners of the BiblioBHOS reading contest, which was organized by Baku Higher Oil School, have been announced
- Huseyn Abdullayev, who scored the maximum number of points at the final exams: 'My biggest dream is to enter Baku Higher Oil School'
- Graduate of Baku Higher Oil School enters PhD programmes of three prestigious US universities
- Winners of I International Scientific Conferences of Students and Young Researchers announced
- Vice Rector of Baku Higher Oil School Rashad Hasanov has been appointed to a higher position
- Elmar Gasimov: 'Students should demand quality education from teachers, not concessions'
- Students of Baku Higher Oil School show excellent results at IELTS exam
Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) hosted a meeting with the Director General of STAR Refinery Mesut Ilter, Head of Human Resources/Group Director at SOCAR Turkey Sibel Uğur and Recruitment Specialist Ilke Engin Baykal. BHOS Rector Elmar Gasimov informed students and their parents attending the meeting that, as a result of a competitive selection process, 21 students who are specialised in Chemistry Engineering and Process Automation at BHOS will take a two-month internship at STAR Refinery in Turkey. During the internship, the selected students will broaden their knowledge of the refinery operations and various technical processes and gain an opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge to practical endeavours. Rector Elmar Gasimov underscored that the ultimate goal pursued by BHOS is to craft engineering leaders and, hence, the Higher School engages the most qualified Academic and teaching staff who spare no effort to support students in their aspirations. “Students should also be well-organised and diligent and actively contribute to the extra-curricula cultural, social, and public events. Starting from next year, we are planning to more proactively involve students in a wide range of sports clubs”, he said.
Then, the Director General of STAR Refinery Mesut Ilter provided insights into close fraternal relations between Azerbaijan and Turkey and importance of their impact on science, education, and business environment. The refinery will offer a wide scope of opportunities for each and every student to benefit from the internship. “The key to success is to love your job passionately as only then one is encouraged to develop his/her skills. I have been serving in the area of chemical engineering for nearly 40 years and there still remains room for improvement”, Mr. Mesut Ilter said while sharing the secrets of success with the perspective engineers.
The meeting followed by a question and answer session. Human Resources/Group Director at SOCAR Turkey Sibel Uğur responded to students’ numerous questions and pointed that the selection of qualified students for the internship programme is driven by such criteria as the candidates’ academic results as well as the way they expressed their attitude towards profession and displayed their self-expression and emotional intelligence.
Recruitment Specialist Ilke Engin Baykal made a presentation for the selected students and noted that the internship programme includes a monthly scholarship, free accommodation in the dormitory, and meals.
The meeting concluded by a group photo. Rector Elmar Gasimov presented Mesut Ilter the BHOS Honorary Guest plaque.