- Winners of the BiblioBHOS reading contest, which was organized by Baku Higher Oil School, have been announced
- Huseyn Abdullayev, who scored the maximum number of points at the final exams: 'My biggest dream is to enter Baku Higher Oil School'
- Graduate of Baku Higher Oil School enters PhD programmes of three prestigious US universities
- Winners of I International Scientific Conferences of Students and Young Researchers announced
- Vice Rector of Baku Higher Oil School Rashad Hasanov has been appointed to a higher position
- Elmar Gasimov: 'Students should demand quality education from teachers, not concessions'
- Students of Baku Higher Oil School show excellent results at IELTS exam
- Elmar Gasimov holds online meeting with representatives of Petkim Petrochemical Holding
The Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) hosted the inauguration of the “Business Education for Engineers” program, jointly implemented by the BHOS and the company BP.
The event was attended by BHOS leadership, BP representatives and students registered for the program.
Speaking at the ceremony, Rector Elmar Gasimov said that the main goal of the project “Business Education for Engineers” is to develop leadership and management skills of engineering students and to expand their career opportunities.
The rector said that the program is intended for students of all higher education institutions majoring in engineering. Elmar Gasimov also noted that experienced experts in the field of project management were involved in teaching the program.
“The project, implemented in English, will create conditions for more effective integration of students into the modern business environment. Students who successfully complete the program will receive special certificates,” the rector added.
Senior methodologist at the Student Affairs Department Laman Huseynova made a presentation at the event. She said that the “Business Education for Engineers” program includes eight modules: “Presentation and communication skills”, “Project management”, “Time management and efficiency”, “Leadership”, “Risk management”, “Introduction to finance, budget and cost control”, “HR management fundamentals”, and “Negotiation skills”. She also noted that trainings on the program will be held at the Baku Higher Oil School in October-December this year.
"The 4th and 5th year students of the Baku Higher Oil School, as well as the 3rd and 4th year students of other higher education institutions who major in engineering and have an excellent command of English can participate in the program."
Events and Brand Communications Manager of BP Zaur Jabrayil noted that project participants will have the opportunity to gain business knowledge and skills, participate in practical exercises, participate in discussions and share experiences with leading representatives of BP and other transnational companies, get a certificate jointly issued by the Baku Higher Oil School and BP.