- Rector Elmar Gasimov's congratulation on the end of the academic year
- Winners of the BiblioBHOS reading contest, which was organized by Baku Higher Oil School, have been announced
- Huseyn Abdullayev, who scored the maximum number of points at the final exams: 'My biggest dream is to enter Baku Higher Oil School'
- Graduate of Baku Higher Oil School enters PhD programmes of three prestigious US universities
- Winners of I International Scientific Conferences of Students and Young Researchers announced
- Vice Rector of Baku Higher Oil School Rashad Hasanov has been appointed to a higher position
- Elmar Gasimov: 'Students should demand quality education from teachers, not concessions'
- Students of Baku Higher Oil School show excellent results at IELTS exam
Rector of Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) Elmar Gasimov held an online meeting with the academic and administrative staff of BHOS.
The meeting discussed issues related to the education process, organization of graduation work, conducting work with students and holding online examinations in the context of the current situation in the country. The meeting participants also discussed measures that will need to be taken in the post-pandemic period.
The event began with a moment of silence in memory of Nilgun Maharramova, a third-year student of the Chemical Engineering Department of Baku Higher Oil School, who died tragically last month.
Then, discussion of issues on the agenda began.
During the online meeting, Elmar Gasimov noted that the decision to switch to a distance learning system was made timely, as it helped to minimize the threat of spreading the pandemic.
“The transition to a distance learning system was conditioned by the existence of a high risk of coronavirus infection in educational institutions providing training in a regular manner,” the rector said.
Elmar Gasimov emphasized that BHOS students are successfully taking part in courses offered by the global licensed distance learning program Coursera for Campus of U.S. Stanford University.
“411 students and teachers of Baku Higher Oil School have joined these courses,” the rector added.
Elmar Gasimov said that online exams, which were successfully conducted for the first time in the country at Baku Higher Oil School, made it possible to complete the current academic year in a timely manner.
Saying that this year the Graduation Day will be held in a different format, the rector
emphasized the importance of the prompt implementation of all necessary procedures for the timely issuance of diplomas to graduates.
The meeting participants also discussed a number of other issues and listened to the opinions of department heads and teachers.
At the end of the meeting, the rector gave instructions to the relevant structural divisions to resolve efficiently the agenda issues.