- Baku Higher Oil School hosts 'Virtual Graduate Day'
- Baku Higher Oil School holds international webinar on online education
- Baku Higher Oil School to host webinar on 'Online Education and Knowledge Assessment: Challenges and Opportunities'
- Baku Higher Oil School launches bp's Business Education Programme for Young Engineers
- Baku Higher Oil School to host 'Virtual Graduate Day'
- Baku Higher Oil School hosts webinar on 'Importance of cybersecurity in distance education and online learning'
- Students of Baku Higher Oil School undertake internship at prestigious Italian company
- Rector Elmar Gasimov's congratulation on the end of the academic year
Several students of Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) who had completed their first year of study at the Departments of Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Process Automation Engineering showed excellent results at the IELTS exam held by the British Council in June.
In this connection, Rector of Baku Higher Oil School Elmar Gasimov held an online meeting with representatives of the English Language and Humanitarian Disciplines Center.
At the meeting, the rector noted that since Baku Higher Oil School is an English-speaking university, it is very important for BHOS students to have a good command of the English language so that they would be able to learn effectively specialized subjects.
Elmar Gasimov emphasized that students should constantly improve their knowledge of foreign languages, in particular the English language, which plays a leading role in the world, so that their knowledge and skills would meet the present-day requirements of the labor market and they could follow international trends.
Head of the English Language and Humanitarian Disciplines Center of Baku Higher Oil School Asif Gojayev spoke about students who showed the best results in IELTS exams.
He said that Aysu Zamanova (8.0), presidential scholar Asmar Shihamirli (7.5), Shahin Guliyev (7.5), Almaz Heydarova (7.0) and Nurlan Takhmazov (7.0) achieved high results thanks to perseverance in their studies.
Asif Gojayev also noted that the students who successfully pass the IELTS exam at the end of the academic year will begin learning specialized subjects in the next academic year.
Note that BHOS students intensively study the English language during the first year of their study.
Since 2012, highly qualified teachers of the English Language and Humanitarian Disciplines Center of Baku Higher Oil School have effectively carried out academic work using the most modern pedagogical methods.