- Baku Higher Oil School honors memory of victims of Khojaly genocide
- Baku Higher Oil School, Stockholm University to start training cybersecurity specialists
- Baku Higher Oil School launches Orientation Program for first-year students
- Baku Higher Oil School's online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good' has ended
- President's Assistant visits Baku Higher Oil School
- Baku Higher Oil School to host online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good'
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds meeting with heads of student organizations
- Two Presidential Scholars of Baku Higher Oil School are classmates
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds online meeting with Presidential Scholars
- Project of Baku Higher Oil School becomes winner of 'Science-Education-Industry' grant competition
The startup project Biofactant, developed by the Innovation & Research Center of Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS), is one of the innovative projects that have been selected for the finals of the Innovation & Entrepreneurship competition held by the China University of Petroleum.
At the next stage of the competition, the startup project Biofactant will compete with other finalist projects presented by universities around the world.
The main goal of the project is to obtain environmentally friendly surfactants from waste plant oils through synthesis.
Project Manager of the Innovation & Research Center Elmar Askarzade is Project Development Manager of the Biofactant project. Students of the Chemical Engineering Department of Baku Higher Oil School Gully Huseynli, Afag Hashimova and Natig Babayev are participating in the project, which will be implemented in the BHOS laboratories.
400 projects were selected for the Innovation & Entrepreneurship competition, of which 100 projects have reached the final.
The competition, organized by the Chinese Ministry of Education, has been running since 2015. Last year, 4.57 million university students with 1.09 million innovative projects participated in the competition.
Students from about 4000 colleges and universities in 124 countries participate in the competition.
Within the framework of the Innovation and Entrepreneurship competition, more than 1,000 investors, enterprises and international organizations provide support to winning and innovative projects.
The Organizing Committee awards certificates to the winners of the competition and helps them find investments and incubators.