- Baku Higher Oil School honors memory of victims of Khojaly genocide
- Baku Higher Oil School, Stockholm University to start training cybersecurity specialists
- Baku Higher Oil School launches Orientation Program for first-year students
- Baku Higher Oil School's online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good' has ended
- President's Assistant visits Baku Higher Oil School
- Baku Higher Oil School to host online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good'
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds meeting with heads of student organizations
- Two Presidential Scholars of Baku Higher Oil School are classmates
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds online meeting with Presidential Scholars
- Project of Baku Higher Oil School becomes winner of 'Science-Education-Industry' grant competition
Rector of the American University of Armenia (AUA) Karin Markides has not been elected as President of the Black Sea Universities Network (BSUN) after Rector of the Baku Higher Oil School Elmar Gasimov protested against her election to this position.
The planned holding of the BSUN General Assembly/Conference of Rectors in Yerevan this October was also canceled.
Recall that the AUA Rector Karin Markides, who came forward as a candidate for the post of President of the Black Sea Universities Network, illegally visited the occupied territories of our country in 2019.
Elmar Gasimov protested against the election of a person who had violated Azerbaijani legislation and the norms and principles of international law and, at the same time, the BSUN Charter as President of the Black Sea Universities Network.
As a result of the official appeals made by the BHOS Rector to the BSUN Secretary General prof. Eden Mamut and the rectors of 13 universities who are members of the BSUN Executive Committee, the election of Ms. Markides as BSUN President was prevented, and the holding of the BSUN General Assembly/Conference of Rectors in Yerevan was canceled.
Note that the Black Sea Universities Network is a structural division of the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation. Currently, more than 120 higher education institutions from different countries are members of the Network.
Due to the cancellation of the election of the new BSUN President, the term of office of the current President of the Black Sea Universities Network, prof. Pericles Mitkas, was extended for another year.