- Baku Higher Oil School, Stockholm University to start training cybersecurity specialists
- Baku Higher Oil School launches Orientation Program for first-year students
- Baku Higher Oil School's online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good' has ended
- President's Assistant visits Baku Higher Oil School
- Baku Higher Oil School to host online art reading competition 'The Homeland is Good'
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds meeting with heads of student organizations
- Two Presidential Scholars of Baku Higher Oil School are classmates
- Rector Elmar Gasimov holds online meeting with Presidential Scholars
- Project of Baku Higher Oil School becomes winner of 'Science-Education-Industry' grant competition
- Baku Higher Oil School launching another training program 'Business Education for Engineers'
A scientific article written by a senior lecturer of Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) has been published in the journal “OGST - Revue d'IFP Energies nouvelles” of the International IFP School of France.
Farad Kamyabi, Senior Lecturer at BHOS and Director of the BHOS Center for Innovation and Research, together with Abdulmecit Araz, PhD candidate at Sabanci University in Turkey, wrote an article titled "Experimental Study of Combined Low Salinity and Surfactant Flooding Effect on Oil Recovery”.
The article says that during the study a series of core displacement experiments was conducted on nine crude oil aged Berea core plugs that were designed to determine the impact of brine composition, wettability alteration, low salinity water and low salinity surfactant flooding on oil recovery. The results showed a significant potential of oil recovery with maximum additional oil recovery of 9.2% Original Oil in Place.
Note that the journal “OGST - Revue d'IFP Energies nouvelles” covers all disciplines and areas related to the exploration, production, refining of oil, as well as the economics and use of oil, natural gas and other energy sources, especially alternative energy sources. The editorial committee of the journal consists of specialists from leading universities and industrial enterprises. The journal publishes review articles in English and French.