- Baku Higher Oil School starts accepting students for SPM program
- Student of Baku Higher Oil School wins essay competition
- Baku Higher Oil School receives license for global distance education program
- Baku Higher Oil School starts cooperation with Cisco
- Baku Higher Oil School continues conducting distance classes
- Representatives of Hungarian Embassy visit Baku Higher Oil School
- Mehmet Karaca: 'I believe that Baku Higher Oil School will very soon make itself known in the region'
Maleyka Abbaszade, the Chairperson of the State Students Admission Commission, also took floor at the ceremonial event held at Baku Higher Oil School on the occasion of the start of the new academic year and extended her congratulations to BHOS lecturers and students:
"It has been four years since BHOS started functioning. We are witnessing increase in the number of students who wish to study in the first specialization group programmes. This year, the largest number of prospective students took exams on the first specialization group. BHOS takes lead by many indicators amongst the national higher schools. Since 1994, SSAC has been conducting scientific and statistical analysis as well as special statistical study on oil related specializations. And these analyses revealed that, for example, in 1994, some 400-500 people submitted their documents to be admitted to around 300 places available to study in the programmes included in this specialization group. Now, out of over 30.000 applicants, we see the greatest number of prospective students gathering more than 600 points in the first specialization group. And there were more than 25 prospective students with 690-700 points in this group. It means that students have goals. You have already achieved you goal and I am proud of you".