- Baku Higher Oil School hosts interuniversity championship of International Competition Petrobowl
- Baku Higher Oil School donates to "YASHAT" Fund
- The winner of the online chess tournament organized by Baku Higher Oil School has been announced
- Two BHOS students awarded scholarship named after academician Khoshbakht Yusifzade
- Baku Higher Oil School hosts poetry evening dedicated Ramiz Rovshan
- International French journal publishes article by senior lecturer of Baku Higher Oil School Farad Kamyabi
- BHOS startup projects win main prizes at international competition
- Five teachers of Baku Higher Oil School receive title of CISCO Academy Instructor
- Baku Higher Oil School launches webinar on 'Culture and Spiritual Wealth of Karabakh'
Plagiarism prevention services of Turnitin company applied at BHOS
BHOS and US based Turnitin company signed cooperation agreement on application of internet services related to detection and prevention of plagiarism at the higher school. The signing ceremony gathered BHOS rector Elmar Gasimov, professors and lecturers of the higher school and Turnitin’s representative on Eastern Europe, South Caucasus and Central Asia Katerina Levchenko.
Opening the ceremony BHOS rector Elmar Gasimov informed the guest about necessary measures taken at BHOS in order to prevent plagiarism, advanced information technologies applied to ensure the transparency of education process at BHOS. Rector emphasized that resorting to plagiarism would not only be detrimental for students’ scientific and educational activities but it would also negatively affect their future activities. Following Elmar Gasimov the application of services related to detection and prevention of plagiarism at BHOS would be significant for writing scientific works by students in independent and responsible way and it would be very crucial for general progress of education.
Rector drew attention of the attendees to the fact that Turnitin’s internet services were applied in 140 countries, at more than 15 000 educational institutions and application of these services at BHOS would give a stimulus for BHOS to be amongst the world lead universities.
Turnitin’s representative on Eastern Europe, South Caucasus and Central Asia Katerina Levchenko informed BHOS staff about Turnitin’s being one of the world largest internet-based plagiarism-prevention service in the field of education. K. Levchenko also talked about opportunities offered by company, benefits and the rules related to the use. After the meeting the representtaive of Turnitin made presentation on ‘Revolution in teaching students how to write education and scientific works’. She also demonstrated how to check the originality of students’ works and analize them. In conclusion K. Levchenko answered questions on the related subject raised by professors and students.
It should be pointed out that Turnitin’s internet services related to detection and prevention of plagiarism is going to be used at BHOS.