- BHOS student attended launching of Azerbaijani new satellite
- Heriot-Watt University names two BHOS undergraduates "Students of the Year"
- BHOS student realizes project funded by Youth Foundation
- Petronas will sponsor three students of BHOS to study in Malaysia
- Student of Baku Higher Oil School attended "7009 DeltaV Implementation I" course
- BHOS student implements Youth Foundation project
- BHOS student implemented project with support from Youth Foundation
- "BHOS is the best way to success," says Jale Mamedova who earned 700 points
- Student of BHOS wins BP contest
- BHOS students participated in CODE CUP 2017 programming contest
Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) conducted a number of workshops in the framework of the Higher School partnership with a project entitled “Build Your Future!”, which was initiated to support higher education of young generation. Its major objective is to help school children from low income families to enter high educational institutions and promote their all-inclusive personal development. The project participants are selected based on three criteria, namely social situation of the schoolchildren, their intention to obtain higher education, and their potential and level of knowledge. Launched in 2014, the project covers Binagadi, Garadagh, Surakhanai and Khatai district in the capital and Salyan district. Sabunchi district of Baku is expected to join the initiative next academic year.
The first workshop held at BHOS within the project “Build Your Future!” was dedicated to the issues of making choices and achieving goals. It was conducted for the Higher School students by co-founder of GR8 company, business coach and author of the KVAN book Joshgun Kerimov. The second workshop covered problems of responsibility. Besides Joshgun Kerimov, the speakers included Head of International Relations department of BP-Azerbaijan Rashad Bayramov, co-founder of “Success” Academy Javid Shahmaliyev, officer of the Clean Technologies and Sustainable Development Services department of EY company Gunel Farajeva and lecturer of ADA University, Director of Diversity and Inclusive Education Office Elnur Eyvazov.
Sponsorship for the “Build Your Future!” project, which is implemented with organizational support from Department of Education of Baku city, is provided by a number of private companies.