- BHOS student attended launching of Azerbaijani new satellite
- Heriot-Watt University names two BHOS undergraduates "Students of the Year"
- BHOS student realizes project funded by Youth Foundation
- Petronas will sponsor three students of BHOS to study in Malaysia
- Student of Baku Higher Oil School attended "7009 DeltaV Implementation I" course
- BHOS student implements Youth Foundation project
- BHOS student implemented project with support from Youth Foundation
- "BHOS is the best way to success," says Jale Mamedova who earned 700 points
- Student of BHOS wins BP contest
- BHOS students participated in CODE CUP 2017 programming contest
5th Student Scientific and Technical Conference dedicated to 94th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev concluded its work at Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS). The conference closing ceremony gathered management, professors and teachers of BHOS, and representatives of transnational companies operating in Azerbaijan such as BP, Emerson Process Management, ABB, Avandsis Group and Halliburton.
Addressing the attendees, BHOS Rector Elmar Gasimov expressed his gratitude to the Organizational Committee for arrangements made to conduct the conference successfully. He also thanked the Higher School professors and lecturers, conference participants and representatives of international companies who took an interest in the Higher School students’ scientific and research activities. Speaking about important role of science and education in society, the Rector informed the audience about BHOS activities aimed at raising young people interest in scientific and research work and told about the Higher School teachers’ contribution to education of the young generation. Elmar Gasimov also wished the students every success and new achievements in the future.
Representatives of companies presenting at the conference thanked BHOS management for organizing the conference. The speakers highly praised the Higher School contribution to Azerbaijani science and education as well as their cooperation with the Higher School aimed at training of highly qualified national specialists for oil and gas sector.
Representatives of SOCAR and international companies operating in Azerbaijan thanked BHOS management for successful organization of the conference and for the Higher School’s contribution to development of Azerbaijani science and education. The speakers highly praised BHOS activities aimed at training of highly qualified national specialists and spoke positively about their cooperation with the Higher School in this field.
Then Rector Elmar Gasimov awarded the students, whose reports were recognized as best among presented at the conference. They received diplomas of various degrees from BHOS and valuable gifts from SOCAR, BP, Statoil, Total, Emerson Process Management, ABB, Avandsis Group, Halliburton and Confidence Capital.
Certificates and recognition gifts were presented as follows: Petroleum Engineering section – two students, Process Automation Engineering section – two students, Chemical Engineering section – four students, and Physics and Mathematics section – four students.
Students awarded with diplomas:
Petroleum Engineering Section
- third-year student Mohammed Aliyev; academic advisor – Farad Kamyabi
- third-year student Ismayil Akperov; academic advisor – Farad Kamyabi
Process Automation Engineering Section
- fourth-year student Ramil Shukurov; academic advisor – assoc. prof. Naila Allakhverdiyeva
- second-year student Nijat Gasanov; academic advisor – Abbas Alili
Chemical Engineering Section
- fifth-year student Aygul Kerimova; academic advisor – Sevda Zargarova
- third-year student Vusal Guliyev, academic advisor – assoc. prof. Sanan Eminov
- third-year student Sanam Amirly; academic advisor – assoc. prof. Amir Reza Vakhshouri
- third-year student Fidan Abdullayeva; academic advisor – assoc. prof. Rena Abbasova
Physics and Mathematics Section
- third-year student Huseyn Aliyev; academic advisor – prof. Siyavush Azakov
- third-year student Aytaj Abdin, academic advisor – assoc. prof. Khanum Jafarova
- third-year student Togrul Kerimov; academic advisor – prof. Siyavush Azakov
- third-year student Javid Zeynalov, academic advisor – assoc. prof. Khanum Jafarova