- BHOS student attended launching of Azerbaijani new satellite
- Heriot-Watt University names two BHOS undergraduates "Students of the Year"
- BHOS student realizes project funded by Youth Foundation
- Petronas will sponsor three students of BHOS to study in Malaysia
- Student of Baku Higher Oil School attended "7009 DeltaV Implementation I" course
- BHOS student implements Youth Foundation project
- BHOS student implemented project with support from Youth Foundation
- "BHOS is the best way to success," says Jale Mamedova who earned 700 points
- Student of BHOS wins BP contest
- BHOS students participated in CODE CUP 2017 programming contest
First-year Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Process Automation Engineering students of Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) completed training course on The Basics in Swimming, Usage of Personal Protection Equipment, Methods of Rescue of Oilmen at the Sea and Sea Ships’ Crew Members. It was arranged at Offshore Health and Safety Centre of the SOCAR Education, Training and Certification Department (ETCD). Forty eight BHOS students who already successfully passed Swimming Attestation did not participate in the training.
The conditions at SOCAR’s Offshore Health and Safety Centre are in full compliance with international standards. In the process of training, the students were introduced to safety rules and procedures during offshore operations and in case of maritime emergency situations. They also learned about fire safety regulations, procedures for installation of hydraulic facilities and for usage of rescue boats and life rafts. The training topics also covered regulations for rescue operations and provision of first medical aid in emergencies and in case of accidents. The students who successfully completed the course received certificates of the SOCAR Education, Training and Certification Department.