- BHOS student attended launching of Azerbaijani new satellite
- Heriot-Watt University names two BHOS undergraduates "Students of the Year"
- BHOS student realizes project funded by Youth Foundation
- Petronas will sponsor three students of BHOS to study in Malaysia
- Student of Baku Higher Oil School attended "7009 DeltaV Implementation I" course
- BHOS student implements Youth Foundation project
- BHOS student implemented project with support from Youth Foundation
- "BHOS is the best way to success," says Jale Mamedova who earned 700 points
- Student of BHOS wins BP contest
- BHOS students participated in CODE CUP 2017 programming contest
First ever postgraduates have entered Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) alongside first-year students admitted to the Higher School in the new 2017/2018 academic year. Out of 17 Master degree students, 14 persons are BHOS graduates and three students are graduates of Baku Engineering University. Eleven postgraduates will pursue Master degree in Chemical Engineering and six students will pursue Master degree in Petroleum Engineering.
Master degree programs in these specialities are conducted at BHOS in English language on the basis of academic programs of the Heriot-Watt University (HWU), Great Britain, in the framework of the dual diploma program. Duration of the Master degree programs is a year and a half. After successful master's thesis defense upon completion of the study, the postgraduates will be awarded with Master’s degree and diplomas from both the Higher School and HWU.
“Launch of the Master degree program is one of a number of remarkable and important events, which took place in the life of the Higher School this year,” says BHOS Rector Elmar Gasimov. “In early May, the President of the Azerbaijan Republic Ilham Aliyev participated in inauguration of the new campus of the Baku Higher Oil School, and in mid-July, the first-ever graduation ceremony was conducted at the new campus. I am confident that implementation of the Master Degree program will be as successful as all our initiatives.”