- BHOS student attended launching of Azerbaijani new satellite
- Heriot-Watt University names two BHOS undergraduates "Students of the Year"
- BHOS student realizes project funded by Youth Foundation
- Petronas will sponsor three students of BHOS to study in Malaysia
- Student of Baku Higher Oil School attended "7009 DeltaV Implementation I" course
- BHOS student implements Youth Foundation project
- BHOS student implemented project with support from Youth Foundation
- "BHOS is the best way to success," says Jale Mamedova who earned 700 points
- Student of BHOS wins BP contest
- BHOS students participated in CODE CUP 2017 programming contest
A workshop on first medical aid to be provided during natural disasters was held at Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) for fifth-year Chemical Engineering students. It was conducted by professor of the BHOS’ Chemical Engineering Faculty, Head of Military Hospital of State Border of the Azerbaijan Republic, Dr. Scient. Med Kanan Yusif-zada for undergraduates divided in eight groups (five students in each).
The main objective of the workshop was to familiarize the students with possible scenarios of industrial accidents and natural disasters, their implications for environment and people’s health, and the ways of dealing with them. During the workshop, presentations based on real life examples were made. They highlighted first medical aid provided to the victims of floods in Azerbaijan, earthquakes and tsunami in Japan and heavy snowfall in Afghanistan. The students were also presented with possible scenarios of emergency situations and methods to provide first medical aim. The workshop helped the undergraduates to deepen their knowledge of “Fundamentals of Medical Aid in Civil Defense” course they studied earlier.