- BHOS student attended launching of Azerbaijani new satellite
- Heriot-Watt University names two BHOS undergraduates "Students of the Year"
- BHOS student realizes project funded by Youth Foundation
- Petronas will sponsor three students of BHOS to study in Malaysia
- Student of Baku Higher Oil School attended "7009 DeltaV Implementation I" course
- BHOS student implements Youth Foundation project
- BHOS student implemented project with support from Youth Foundation
- "BHOS is the best way to success," says Jale Mamedova who earned 700 points
- Student of BHOS wins BP contest
- BHOS students participated in CODE CUP 2017 programming contest
Upon initiative of Rector of Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) Elmar Gasimov, a five-day training course entitled “RMSBase” has commenced at BHOS. It is conducted by geologist of the Technical Support Department of Norwegian company ROXAR (Emerson Group) in Russia Maxim Plotnikov. Fifth-year Petroleum Engineering students, training curator, Head of BHOS Petroleum Engineering department, professor Arif Mammadzade and the department teachers participate in the training course.
Opening the course, BHOS Vice-Rector for Training, Science and International Relations Ramiz Humbatov welcomed the trainer and training participants on behalf of the Higher School management and wished them successful work. He said that the training was aimed at learning Roxar RMS software package and gaining basic skills in geological modeling.
During the training course, the students shall obtain basic knowledge about all stages of geological modelling of sheet deposits, log correlation schemes, structural modelling, facies analysis and geostatic approach to geological modeling. Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to put new knowledge to use and utilize Roxar company software package for static modelling.