- Emin Amrullayev visits Baku Higher Oil School
- Seven students of Baku Higher Oil School gain employment at 'Azerikimya'
- New specialties opened at Baku Higher Oil School within MBA program
- Graduates of 'Business Education for Engineers' project awarded certificates
- Baku Higher Oil School hosts Graduation Ceremony of School of Project Management
- Baku Higher Oil School, YAP hold event dedicated to National Salvation Day
- Baku Higher Oil School launching next second higher education program
- Foreign students visit liberated regions
- The first in the republic: 'Baku Higher Oil School has no rivals'
- Baku Higher Oil School hosts meeting of its Academic Board
Ambassador of India to Azerbaijan Sanjay Rana visited Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) and delivered a presentation entitled “Dr. B. R. Ambedkar: Chief Architect of Indian Constitution and his role in civil rights for weaker sections and emancipation of women” to BHOS students, teachers and staff members.
Having welcomed the honorable guest, Rector of the Higher School Elmar Gasimov provided brief information about the Ambassador and his diplomatic career. He also expressed a hope that the presentation would help the students to learn more about rich history and unique culture of India, which is one of the biggest and most wonderful countries in the world.
Speaking at the gathering, the Indian Ambassador spoke about the life and works of Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar, whose 126th birth anniversary is celebrated in April 2017. Dr. B R Ambedkar was an Indian jurist, economist, politician and social reformer. Born into a poor family, he managed to overcome caste-based discrimination to become Independent India's first law minister and the principal architect of the Constitution of India. He is remembered as one of most prominent public figures in the India’s modern history for his struggle against social and gender discrimination and significant contribution to development of India as a democratic state.
Ambassador Rana also shared information about close and friendly relations between India and Azerbaijan. He said that the two countries are committed to develop a strong, vibrant and mutually beneficial partnership with each other. He also mentioned that under the Indian Technical Economic Cooperation (ITEC), the Government of India provides fully funded training courses for government officials and professionals scholarship at top-class institutions in India. The presentation concluded with questions and answers session. Ambassador Rana expressed his gratitude for the invitation to visit BHOS once again.