- Emin Amrullayev visits Baku Higher Oil School
- Seven students of Baku Higher Oil School gain employment at 'Azerikimya'
- New specialties opened at Baku Higher Oil School within MBA program
- Graduates of 'Business Education for Engineers' project awarded certificates
- Baku Higher Oil School hosts Graduation Ceremony of School of Project Management
- Baku Higher Oil School, YAP hold event dedicated to National Salvation Day
- Baku Higher Oil School launching next second higher education program
- Foreign students visit liberated regions
- The first in the republic: 'Baku Higher Oil School has no rivals'
- Baku Higher Oil School hosts meeting of its Academic Board
World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which International Labor Organization (ILO) marks on April 28, was commemorated at Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS). The meeting for BHOS teachers and staff members was led by Vice-Rector for Administrative and General Service Affairs Ogtay Rzayev. Opening the gathering, he spoke about importance of this Day, which aims to bring attention to HSE and labor protection issues at every organization irrespective of its profile.
BHOS Labor Protection, Security Techniques and Ecology Engineer Khanim Agasiyeva made a report at the meeting. She told about state policy conducted in Azerbaijan and legislation applied in the republic to ensure implementation of labor protection rules and procedures. Speaking about HSE policy in SOCAR, she emphasized that employees' health and safety is given first priority in the activity and management of labor protection. This policy aims to create safe labor condition, ensure the safety of production equipment and production processes, ensure that workers follow the requirements of rules and instruction on labor safety, and maintain buildings and rooms in normal conditions. Khanim Agasiyeva also informed about objectives of the World Day for Safety and Health at Work and said that is theme for the 2017 is: “Optimize the collection and use of OSH data”.
Speaking at the meeting, BHOS Vice-Rector Rashad Hasanov told about the work of the Higher School administration in the sphere of safety and labor protection and reminded that BHOS is awarded with all international ISO certificates including OHSAS 18001 "Occupational Health and Safety Management System" certificate. Dean of Engineering Department Zafar Gurbanov, Head of Education and Methodical Department Khalil Ismayilov, Head of Quality Assurance Department Samira Musayeva and Senior Engineer of the Rector’s Office Rovshan Budagov participated in the discussion and emphasized that ensuring safety rules is everyone’s responsibility. The speakers were saying that special attention should be paid to implementation of safety and labor protection procedures at the new campus, throughout the entire territory from offices and lecture halls to service areas.
The International Labor Organization marks the World Day for Safety and Health at Work on April 28, to promote the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases globally. In many parts of the world, national authorities, trade unions, employers' organizations, and safety and health practitioners organize activities to celebrate this date.