- Seven students of Baku Higher Oil School gain employment at 'Azerikimya'
- New specialties opened at Baku Higher Oil School within MBA program
- Graduates of 'Business Education for Engineers' project awarded certificates
- Baku Higher Oil School hosts Graduation Ceremony of School of Project Management
- Baku Higher Oil School, YAP hold event dedicated to National Salvation Day
- Baku Higher Oil School launching next second higher education program
- Foreign students visit liberated regions
- The first in the republic: 'Baku Higher Oil School has no rivals'
- Baku Higher Oil School hosts meeting of its Academic Board
- New specialties opened at Baku Higher Oil School
Training course on EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) Best Practice based on the experience of Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) and Heriot-Watt University (HWU) was held at BHOS. The training for BHOS’ academic teaching staff and senior students was conducted by representatives of EBSCO Information Services (Prague, Czech Republic) Iryna Krejcarova, Regional Manager for CIS Countries, and Tamila Mirkamulova, Training Specialist for Russia and CIS countries.
During the training, practical lessons on the techniques in using full text online resources for scientific and educational purposes were held. Special attention was paid to new publically accessible EBSCO collection of more than 3,400 eBooks obtained by BHOS library.
Speaking about successful cooperation between BHOS and EBSCO Information Services, Iryna Krejcarova said: “BHOS library personnel is distinguished by active usage of innovative technologies and by clear understanding of the ways to deliver academic knowledge to the new generation by modern electronic means. I was pleased to see that, although BHOS professors are experienced and well-educated teachers, they are always willing to learn and to study advanced methods and best practices. I have to admit that it is not so common to see such a responsive and interested audience in the academic community.”
EBSCO Information Services is a division of EBSCO Industries Inc. and a leading provider of library database services. EBSCO Discovery Service, which is the company product, is used for scientific research in more than 8,600 universities around the world. At BHOS, the system has been implemented since 2015 and can be accessed from the Higher school’s website.