AZ / EN / RU
Visa and migration

Foreigners travelling to Azerbaijan for study have to get a relevant visa (except for the citizens of the countries applying a visa-free-regime with Azerbaijan) from the Azerbaijani Embassy accredited in their countries) In order to timely begin your studies at BHOS we would recommend you to start visa application procedures as soon as possible.  We will provide you with the admission letter and assistance for applying for visa. For specific visa procedures and documents checklist please contact the Azerbaijani Embassy to your country.

We recommend you to apply for a study visa for the duration of 3 months.  Also, foreigners are required to be registered at the Migration Service within 10 days after entering the borders of Azerbaijan.

In case if there is not an Azerbaijani embassy accredited in your country, you will be issued a visa at the Visa Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs located in Haydar Aliyev International Airport.  

Foreigners are required to get a temporary residence permit from the State Migration Service at least one month before the expiration of their visa. Upon successful completion of the specific academic year, the duration of your residence permit will be extended for another one year period. The temporary residence permit allows you to enter/exit the borders of Azerbaijan for the permit specified duration period without the necessity of visa. We will be happy to assist you in this regard.  

Please, check .

NOTE: Students will have to cover state fees for migration arrangements, as well as the insurance costs.