International students applying for admission to BHOS must pass through the following stages of application:
- Select the programme you want to be enrolled in and submit your documents before the deadline. After your documents are reviewed you will be invited to an in-person or online interview, and in case of a decision on admission, you will receive a Letter of Conditional Admission and we will contact you for further arrangements.
Pay the tuition fee before the deadline. Upon confirmation of the payment, you will be duly notified and our colleagues will assist you regarding the visa and travel arrangements.
Plan your travel to Azerbaijan before the beginning of the academic year to timely begin your studies.
- Secondary School Certificate (for applicants to BEng programmes)/ Bachelor’s or Master’s degree diploma (for applicants to graduate and Phd programmes) /any other relevant valid education document (duly legalized or Apostiled; translated into English/Russian and duly notarized);
- Transcript of records (duly legalized or Apostiled; translated into English/Russian and duly notarized);
- General medical certificate and health certificate certifying that the person is not carrier of a virus of any disease included in the list of dangerous infectious diseases as well as HIV, Hepatitis B and C) approved by the relevant medical authority (translated into English/Russian and duly notarized); Please note that additional medical reports may also be required.
- Valid passport;
- For bachelor's degree IELTS 5.0 (with a minimum 5.0 score in each of the 4 sections) or TOEFL IBT 45-54 certificates (valid for two years after the test date);
- For master's degree IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL IBT 76-85 certificates (valid for two years after the test date);
- Certificates, diplomas and any other related documents (if available);
- Criminal history clearance (translated into English/Russian and duly notarized).
After completing your documents, register on portal.edu.az.
The Ministry of Science and Education calls prospective students not to fall for scams and avoid brokers
The Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan received some information on fraud attempts in the admission process of international students to higher education institutions of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Some international students may have been deceived to pay some amount to scammers promising their admission to Azerbaijani universities. The Ministry of Science and Education call all prospective international students to be careful and not to approach brokers for their admission applications.
SIA: CAS (“Study in Azerbaijan: Centralised Admission Service”) / portal.edu.az is an official portal of the Ministry of Science and Education where prospective students can find all universities operating in Azerbaijan and make direct applications to the universities on the portal free of charge. We would like to emphasize again that there is no application fee on portal.edu.az.The portal operates both in English enabling all foreign individuals to use it freely.
The Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan invites all applicants to apply to the universities individually through portal.edu.az and not fall victim to scammers.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of your documents does not guarantee your enrollment in the relevant programme. Only a complete document package will be reviewed and shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviewed if required. After admission to the respective programme and arrival in Baku, your original documents must be translated into Azerbaijani language and duly notarized (expenses to be covered by students themselves).
Upon arrival in Azerbaijan, you should also prepare your documents required for migration procedures to avoid any challenges or penalties for your free stay and residence in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The duration of BEng level studies at BHOS is 5 years including the Foundation Programme where students are offered intensive courses in English and ICT.
- International students admitted to relevant programmes should have background knowledge related to their majors. As the medium of instruction at BHOS is English, students are required to have a proper command of English. BHOS provides equal opportunities for International students who meet the required level of proficiency in English. Non-native English speakers should submit either of the following certificates:
- IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum 5.5 score in each of the 4 sections) or TOEFL iBT 75.
- These certificates will allow you to be exempted from the English language courses at the Foundation Programme.
The documents submitted by applicants will be reviewed and only after the relevant procedures are implemented the applicant will receive a letter depending on the decision on admission.
The tuition fee is payable to the bank details provided below:
Application starts May 15
Application ends August 15